Friday, July 13, 2007

Ebooks and Ecourses

Talking about helping yourself to write, I've purchased Mike Gerrard's ebook called 'So you want to be a travel writer?' The book was written in 2005, but it could do with updating as things have changed a lot, especially with reference to technology. Otherwise, it is a wonderful 62 page guide on how to get started in the business. The ideas and tips can work for any aspect of writing, not just travel. The book contains interviews with travel editors and tips on what they want - a handy insight!

I've also signed up for an e-course through Writers Weekly called 'Local magazines and newspaper markets : Tap into yours'. With my third feature coming out this week in my local paper, this is a niche market that I'd like to explore further. Let's see if the course makes a difference.

And before you think I've got a lot of spare cash to be spending online, let me tell you that both these purchases were cheap ones. With the pound stronger than before, it barely makes a dent in the credit card. The e-book cost me a little over £2 and the course £12 . I've more than recovered the cost of the e-book with the advice in it. The course begins next week - will let you know how it goes.

No comments: